Unless you were born sometime after 1990, you’ve probably got some old VHS tapes gradually wearing out in a closet. Video tapes have an average shelf-life of about 10-15 years before they start to wear down; that’s if you never watch them. In this tutorial, I guide you through the process of preserving your old movies. Keep family movies around for years to come by converting all those old VHS tapes to DVD. It’s easier than you think–this guide will show you how. We cover the equipment considerations you need to think about and the steps to get you from the VHS to DVD in a matter of a few simple steps.
- Learn which hardware works best
- Discover important PC upgrades
- Transfer VHS without your DV camera
- Explore video editing tips and tricks
- Produce great looking DVD movies