How do you keep small children from unplugging electrical cords? Especially cords attached to a PC in the middle of a 4-hour data backup? Wyatt makes a b-line for the vacuum cord whenever we plug it in, so the myriad of computer cables look naturally attractive to little hands.
Outlet inserts keep small objects out of unused outlets. Placing large furniture in front of outlets works great in the living room, but many of my office outlets are in places where large furniture simply can’t go. Fortunately, Safety 1st makes some plastic outlet encasements designed to cover both outlets and the power cords connected to them.
- Choosing a Child Safe Desk
- Ergonomics, Chairs, and Children
- Protecting Your Computer Desktop from Children
- Children and Computer Parts Don’t Mix
- Reducing Wires Eliminates Child Temptations
- Consumer Electronics Child Safety
- Keeping Watch on Children From Your Office
- Childproof Your Trash
- Hidden Costs in Childproofing a Home Office
- Create a Child Friendly YES Environment